Re: minimum requirements for a full bgp feed

  • From: Robert E.Seastrom
  • Date: Tue Jan 04 10:19:50 2005

"Erik Amundson" <Erik.Amundson@oati.net> writes:

> In my experience it depends on the model of router.  I had a 3640
> (granted, it's old) with 128MB that was just fine until a couple of
> months ago, now it's not enough.  For one BGP table you will have to
> have at least 256MB in a 36xx router.  Our 720xVXR routers currently
> have 256MB in them as well, but we've already ordered upgrades to
> 1GB with new NPE-G1s...

It helps immensely to be running pre-ST-merge 12.0 code where possible
(some situations in non-trivial networks can be positively affected by
post-merge code, but you're not likely to find 36xx or 720xVXRs in
central locations in such networks).  You are not risking your
"coolness points" to still be running 12.0(21)S8.  :)

                                        ---Rob