Re: Active and available abuse desks [OT]

  • From: Matt Hess
  • Date: Tue Jan 04 00:12:17 2005

Was told this was off-topic.. oops!
Off-list replies please, thanks.

Matt Hess wrote:

I'm curious as to what people feel is pro-active for the internet community as far as an available and active abuse desk goes.. As of late I run into more and more automated groups who I personally think are very wrong for forcing reports to come in via e-mail or web submission only.

The argument I have been presented is that those ISP's should not have to offer an actual human being on an abuse desk for non-customers as they make no money on it.

My take is that this is an inherent expense to having customers.. that expense is part of being involved with the internet and should be expected of a provider who wishes to be taken seriously in the internet community.

*dons flame retardant.. well, everything*

Matt Hess