RE: Energy consumption vs % utilization?

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Tue Oct 26 16:28:07 2004

Sure but colo's dont operate on variances of power based on CPU.
They operate on committed power to cabinet i.e. 120W per cabinet
etc. and the ability to cool a fully loaded facility.

If you had a thousand CPU's use 1W more all at the same time it's
equal to about 9.5A. 1KX2W = 20A, 1KX3W=31A, etc. etc.

--
Martin Hannigan                         (c) 617-388-2663
VeriSign, Inc.                          (w) 703-948-7018