Re: People being removed from the list and such

  • From: marc van hoof
  • Date: Mon Oct 18 22:27:15 2004

uh oh - i think that may have been chris's last email

8-)

-marc.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Malayter, Christopher wrote:

It has come to my attention that recently several people have been censored
from posting to the nanog@ list.

I find it a bit unusual that from such an open discussion list that
membership would be censored without notice and reason to the rest of the
membership.

I wouldn't normally be the one to post this, but the people who have been
censored in some cases I believe to be extremely valuable people to the
list.

My question is this: When people are removed/censored, be it temporary or
permanent, could we have a notice posted to the membership as to the person,
reason, and duration?

Also, I realize that this sounds odd, could we add an appeals process?  The
idea of a single person with unilateral control over such a group, without
taking into consideration the needs and desires of the group, does not seem
fair.  I believe that there is need for recourse in this community for a
person who is  removed or censored unfairly.

Regards,

Chris Malayter
TDS Telecom - Network Services
Network Management and Operations