Re: aggregation & table entries

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Thu Oct 14 10:43:53 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 08:05:50AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> If you do 'feasible path strict uRPF' as described in BCP84 (I don't
> know if others than Juniper are providing that), you can enable strict
> uRPF toward those customers, still de-pref them, and accept the
> packets with correct source addresses.
>
> That's what we do with our customers whether multihomed or not.

And what do you do with a BGP customer which sends you traffic from
prefixes he doesn't want to announce to you? There are such customers.
Fail filter ACL?

Best regards,
Daniel (who wishes active/feasible would be switchable per interface,
not only per router)

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr@cluenet.de -- dr@IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0