Re: Excessive DNS Requests

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Wed Oct 13 21:40:25 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Anderson, Ian wrote:

Anyone else seeing excessive DNS requests hammering their local
forwarders this evening.  We've just taken our residence network
off-line owing to the level of port 53 traffic coming from it.  Can't
see anything in the usual places regarding this....
Have you considered zombie / trojan machines being used as spam vectors?

For example, here's a presentation at SANOG earlier this year - http://jameslick.com/zombies/Tracking%20A%20Zombie%20Army.pdf

srs