Re: Fixing stuff (was Re: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sun Oct 10 05:35:22 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Gadi Evron wrote:
> > But compared to the success rate of the bot writers, the anti-bot tools
> > fall far behind.  Some people estimate between 10 million and 30 million
>
> Actually, there are some fine Anti Trojan (AT) tools out there. Try out
> The Cleaner and BOClean.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20665-2004Oct9.html
  Harris spent days trying to fix the computer, but the programs had
  multiplied to the point where he couldn't run anything else and he
  decided to give up on the machine. Last week, the 68-year-old retired
  aerospace engineer from Yorktown, Va., shelled out $1,000 for a new
  computer, but now he and his wife, Dorothy, use it only when absolutely
  necessary.

  "We have just about quit using the computer," he said. "It isn't worth
  the aggravation."