Re: What HTTP exploit?

  • From: Vinny Abello
  • Date: Mon May 31 11:34:30 2004

At 11:07 AM 5/31/2004, Mike Nice wrote:

>It seems to be another stupid Microsoft Exploit that just
>causes annoyance for Unix Boxes.
>The only side effect is they fill my dmesg logs with
>signal 11's from apache crashing.

   Am I the only one that sees the irony that Apache seg faults from an
attack aimed at Msoft?!
I mentioned that too to the original poster, but they didn't seem that concerned since Apache respawns itself. I thought if it can be crashed by cramming too much info into a buffer before it's truncated, that's considered a buffer overflow. I'm no programmer and may be off base here but it just struck me as odd also. You're not alone Mike. :)

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny@tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0 E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.