Re: ntp config tech note

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Thu May 20 16:34:23 2004

> From: Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li>
> Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:06:37 -0700
> Sender: owner-nanog@merit.edu
>

> One minor (operational! -- gasp) addition:
>
> More modern copies of ntpd have a '-g' option that will allow
> the clock to jump once at boot time.

OK. Am I in a alternate universe? I have run ntpdate for years on a
variety of systems, almost all of the BSD family. (I count the VMS
implementation in TGV software as BSD.) I have never seen '-g' and have
always had '-b' as the boot option. I have confirmed the '-b' with the
official sources at Deleware.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)