WAN transfer rates

  • From: Jeff Nelson
  • Date: Tue May 11 04:31:28 2004

Possibly someone in this forum with a better understanding of tcp/ip can
articulate this better than I....

I realize that transfer rates across the Internet diminish significantly
with latency, but what's the good answer for someone shrunk down to
<10Mbps when the smallest pipe between them is 100Mbps and latency is
<40ms?

Does anyone have reference to any study done in this area? I'm sure
window tuning can alter this, but I'm interested in average statistics.

Any reference would be appreciated.

thanks,
jeff