Re: New IANA allocations to RIPE NCC

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Fri May 07 20:56:13 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Bastiaan Spandaw wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 03:30, william(at)elan.net wrote:
>
> > My understanding is that they have made twice as many ip6 allocations as
> > rest of the world combined! That is very impressive indeed!!!
> > But its still not enough reason for them to have received more then 10
> > times ip6 space from IANA as rest of the RIRs combined...
>
> Hmmm.. what about massive amount of IPV4 space assigned to the small
> piece of earth's landmass called USA....?

Exactly my point!!! We don't want IANA to be repeating now same thing
as was done early in the internet with assignments of legacy /8 and /16s.

P.S. For IPv4 I've been working on additional graphical statistics info
that lists general amount of space assigned to ISPs/organizations on per
country basis and separates it all based on assignments done in what I
consider to be 3 main IR assignment periods (legacy iana direct - up to
around 1993/1994, early-IR - up to 1997/1998 and modern RIRs after that).
Additionally there would be two sepratepages, one that includes IANA /8
direct assignments (which I must say completely changes the picture)
and one that does not include that. If I have time I might actually finish
this over the weekend.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks