Re: Network discovery tools

  • From: Mark Boolootian
  • Date: Thu May 06 12:52:01 2004

> Thanks for the suggestions.  The network ferret tools reports to
> do layer 2 discovery as well, maybe not so wishful thinking but
> I could be wrong -
>
> http://www.panix.com/~logikos/

Thanks for the pointer.  HPOV claims their layer 2 discovery is independent
of vendor-proprietary technology.  The wishful-thinking I referred to
was more about finding someone with enough cycles and perl chops that they
might attempt to integrate the Bell Labs stuff into netdisco (as opposed
to wishful-thinking that L2 discovery is possible without an L2 discovery
protocol, though I have to admit to having my doubts).