Re: Worms versus Bots

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Tue May 04 10:20:27 2004

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:51:35 -0600 Mike Lewinski <mike@rockynet.com> wrote:
> Then again, I've seen businesses who had sensitive client financial data
> on compromised systems completely ignore this advice, so it's generally
> given without much hope, esp. where the stakes are lower.

ditto. i have some very specific memories of explaining to a CEO
who should have known better (an ex engineer) why we really
needed to "nuke the servers from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"
after an infestation at a startup some years back.

sigh,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net