RE: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: netadm
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 09:06:39 2004

http://www.serverpronto.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Vierling [mailto:tv@duh.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 8:56 AM
To: Simon Lockhart
Cc: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Simon Lockhart wrote:

: If someone can point me to Virtual Solaris Machine, then I'd willingly
offer
: that as a service (the colo I help run as a "hobby" is Sun only).
:
: The reason people are doing it on Linux is that it's available. (And,
in the
: case of LVM, free)

mmm, NetBSD.  Runs on all of x86, amd64, and sparc64 hardware, and runs
Linux and Solaris binaries (for the appropriate processor type).
RAIDframe is free and included in the base system too.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>