Re: Counter DoS

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 07:16:02 2004

Joel Jaeggli wrote:

When pricing structures and deployment of broadband in the US approaches that of Korea and Japan, I think you'll find that that isn't the case in the US anymore.

If you have two items, travelling at different speeds and the one ahead goes faster, they never approach each other but the distance grows. Both go forward though.

So I fail to see the problem. Most US broadband or semi-broadband users are on infrastructure which cannot be reasonably upgraded to the bandwidth offered in South Korea without forklift upgrades and digging up the streets. With the amount of clue present, itīs unlikely that the upstream bandwidth in US or most of Europe will grow substantially over the next five years.

Pete