Re: Automate router configs

  • From: joshua sahala
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 22:41:48 2004

On (11/03/04 20:50), Jason Graun wrote:

> Is anybody automating router/switch configs in any manner other then telnet
> scripts or Ciscoworks?  I am just trying to get some ideas.

lexicon/netclarity - www.network-clarity.com - young, only cisco
ios/catos devices right now, easy to tailor to your change management
process, working on policy compliance auditing

truecontrol - www.renditionnetworks.com - no juniper support yet, less
flexible change process flow, can/will act as central access point for
device access (will proxy ssh/telnet/etc based upon your login
credentials), decent config/policy compliance auditing and reporting
capabilities

formulator - www.goldwiretech.com - more mature than truecontrol, more
devices supported (including some servers), robust compliance
auditing/reporting features

and last, but not least, rancid - www.shrubbery.net/rancid/ - support
for lots of devices (and easy to add more with a little expect
knowledge), easily extended (perl, expect, awk, shell, etc), FREE - for
more on what you can do see:
http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/NANOG29/index.html
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/abley.html

i am using/have used rancid, and am evaluating the others

hth

/joshua

--
Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT.
	Jonathan Gilpin