Re: Enterprise Multihoming

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 13:37:22 2004

E.B. Dreger wrote:

PH> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:21:03 +0200
PH> From: Petri Helenius

PH> Depending on your requirements, the option of having somebody
PH> redistribute all their BGP routes into ISIS or OSPF might not
PH> worth looking forward to.

Couldn't quite parse this, but it sounds scary.

Iīm refering to the most popular way of causing an IGP meltdown. Obviously there are other ways, like software defects to make your IGP go mad. But when your upstreamīs IGP does that, you want to have provider B to switch over to. It probably has gotten better when the Internet has matured but a few years back when I was more involved in day-to-day operations it was a few times a year when excersizing this option was the best course of action.

Pete