Re: Enterprise Multihoming

  • From: John Neiberger
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 12:13:24 2004

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I'm glad that I got some
opinions here before I proceeded. I also participate in another list
that has some fairly experienced people on it. They prevailing opinion
there was that multihoming to multiple providers was overrated and
largely unnecessary, and they just about had me convinced.

My current opinion is that since we can't accept much downtime in the
case of a single provider failure, it's probably not wise to put all of
our eggs in Sprint's basket even if all circuits are geographically
diverse.

Thanks again,
John