Re: Verification required for steve@blueyonder.co.uk, protected by0Spam.com.

  • From: Martin Hepworth
  • Date: Tue Mar 09 04:05:31 2004

James
Blueyonder is the ISP part of a Cable TV company over here in the UK.

Looks like the are playing with various 'annoying' (IMHO) anti-spam technologies. Personnally I've looked at this technique at a request of one of users who thought it might be a better idea than the Spamassassin system, we use. For this very reason where the 'from' is kept by mailing list systems I was dubious it would work. Looks like (for once) I was right to be dubious.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

james wrote:

: : What is this.. I've had lots and lots from steve@blueyonder whoever he is?!

Not sure, but I got 4 of them, and it took 12 hours from my only post over
the weekend to get them. Since I cannot get mail to @@blueyonder since I will not play this little game I hope he sees this and realizes it is a really BAD idea to run such a service for the lists is is subscribed to.

James Edwards
Routing and Security
jamesh@cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
505-988-9200 SIP:1(747)669-1965

believed to be clean.