"Information Warfare"

  • From: John Bishop
  • Date: Fri Mar 05 21:11:30 2004

Since it has the potential to make everyone's jobs here more interesting, I
thought I'd bring it up and get everyone's opinion.  This company claims to be
developing a "security solution" that claims to "fight back" against attackers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks this is a tremendously bad idea.

I'll let you guys tear it apart; take a look at their "white paper" and press
release, both of which are dripping with enough war analogies and corporate
bizspeak to make any self-respecting techie cringe.

http://symbiot.com/

--
John Bishop -- moonwick@lasthome.net
http://lasthome.net/~moonwick/

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to
solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful,
I know it is wrong."  -- R. Buckminster Fuller