Re: UUNet Offer New Protection Against DDoS

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 16:56:26 2004

So maybe a guy with customer connections to each of these networks will offer a BGP-redirector whereby you can send it 1 prefix and it will send it to all the customer networks.

Boy. Is that abusable. eesh.

Deepak Jain
AiNET

james wrote:

Global Crossing has this, already in production. I was on the phone with Qwest yesterday & this was one
of this things I asked about. Qwest indicated they are
going to deploy this shortly. (i.e., send routes tagged with
a community which they will set to null)

James Edwards
Routing and Security
jamesh@cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
505-988-9200 SIP:1(747)669-1965