Re: Warning - new trend of attempts to infect ISP users (possiblyvirus)

  • From: Larry Rosenman
  • Date: Tue Mar 02 22:13:37 2004

<http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101071.htm>

W32/Bagle.[hij]@MM

--On Tuesday, March 02, 2004 20:07:17 -0800 "william(at)elan.net" <william@elan.net> wrote:

I have just seen emails (several different kinds) pretending to be sent
from 3 of my isp domains to users of those domains warning users that
their email account would be disabled and asking to open a .pif
attachment. I know largest ISPs probably have expierenced this but I
believe what I  have seen today means they are after ISPs (or possibly
just after any  domains with number of email addresses under them) of all
sizes right at  the moment. All emails we received from the same source
ip - 129.59.206.187 Please check your email base for what looks like the
following
(in the examples I changed everything to elan.net, actually every isp
domain received different example of this, only first one is exact).

Example 1:
---