Re: Blaster author identified, about to be arrested...

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 16:59:48 2003

In article <6.0.0.10.0.20030829085908.04fcb150@127.0.0.1>, JC Dill
<nanog@vo.cnchost.com> writes
>The FBI has identified a teenager as the author of a damaging virus-like
>infection unleashed on the Internet and plans to arrest him early Friday, a U.S.
>official confirmed Thursday.

It always worries me when law enforcement send out a press statement
that they are going to arrest a particular individual "in the future".
Where is he "now" and why won't he remove himself to "somewhere a long
way away", overnight? Obviously, there is something more complex
happening here.
--
Roland Perry