Re: Fun new policy at AOL

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 11:33:51 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Roland Perry wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0308281540350.4034-100000@MrServer>, Stephen
> J. Wilcox <steve@telecomplete.co.uk> writes
> >BT in the UK who as the incumbent are the only
> >provider of things like unmetered dialup..
>
> I have a 19.99 a month unmetered dialup from Freeserve (based on
> FRIACO). There must be others.

i was avoiding going into detail as  most ppl here are probably not that
interested in the uk setup..

its complicated, energis, worldcom operate their own pstn friaco, there are also
ways of buying it in at sufficient volume as isdn or modem terminated l2tp or
buying ports on someone elses platform. but my generalisation is that there is a
dominant player in this market who is dominant as they can offer things which
the others cant afford to do !

Steve