Re: Fun new policy at AOL

  • From: Aaron Dewell
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 10:41:29 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Matthew Crocker wrote:
 > Shouldn't customers that purchase IP services from an ISP use the ISPs
 > mail server as a smart host for outbound mail?

Also depends on how much clue said ISP has.  I have a DSL-like connection
at home from a large LEC/ISP, but half the time their mail server either
doesn't respond or rejects me.  If I was more concerned, I would just set
up my own mail server here and be done with it.  As it is, I use ssh/pine.

But there's another good reason for customers to use their own mail server.

Aaron