Re: bgp route-map

  • From: Cliff Albert
  • Date: Mon Aug 25 17:29:38 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:00:45PM -0400, Haesu wrote:

> Yes, I've tried that too.. But what I am thinking of doing is, using a route-map/bgp-announcement based version of building 'prefix-list' or 'distribute-list' to decide whether to accept route or not..
>
> But as you said, I don't think that is possible heh..

Foundry supports a feature called Cooperative BGP4 Route Filtering
(http://www.foundrynetworks.com/services/documentation/ecmg/BGP4.html#63462)

Some digging around at juniper.net reveals that Juniper also supports
ORFs but only on the ERX platform
(http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/erx50x/swconfig-routing-vol2/html/
+bgp-config9.html).

Cisco also supports it since 12.0
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1612/products_feature_guide09
+186a008008088c.html)

It basically sends filters defined in prefix-lists in route refresh
messages.

A more formal definition of it can be found in the following draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-route-filter-09.txt)

--
Cliff Albert		| RIPE:	     CA3348-RIPE | https://oisec.net/
cliff@oisec.net		| 6BONE:     CA2-6BONE	 |