Re: Extreme + Nachi = ipfdb overflow

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Mon Aug 25 17:19:05 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> At least some of the other vendors have workarounds (lame as they might be
> *coughnetaggcough*), or newer supervisors with FIBs, but I'm not aware of
> anything you can do to make an L3 Barney Switch behave well under a random
> dest flood.

The options in the market that I know of in the $3k-$8k range either has a
very small routing table (Cisco 3550 for instance) or has a large route
cache (Extreme Summit i-plattform is a good example). So it's either a
3550 with a lame low number of routes and mac addresses and memory that
behaves well under random destination flood, or it's Extreme with a good
number of mac addresses and routes that normally does everything it
should, but behaves badly under random destination load.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se