Re: Microsoft distributes free CDs in Japan to patch Windows

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Mon Aug 25 12:04:31 2003

> Are there any "XP activation" exploits yet?

who knows, i'm losing track of all the different exploits, worms, viruses etc
floating around at the moment.. whats up, did all the script kiddies find
themselves with too much time on their hands over summer breaks?

my perception of the past couple of weeks is that they are the busiest that i've
ever seen for abuse activity (including filtering our own traffic and getting
customers to fix their broken machines). and yet i'm seeing nothing in the way
of media interest etc, when melissa came out a couple years ago it was on the
news for a week.. did they get bored of covering "yet another computer virus" ?

Steve