Re: DDoS traffic

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Fri Aug 22 10:08:38 2003

Matthew Sullivan wrote:

My appologies if this is against the group topic (and someone please let me know so I will not post again if I come to the same position)...

Is there a member of Comcast Abuse here...

For some time now a host has been attempting to DoS (as part of a larger DDoS) one of my machines. I have a reporting script that has now been running for at least 24 hours with no change in the traffic (even Kornet has clean up their reported hosts)...
To clarify:

The reporting script is sending reports to abuse@comcast.net and has been for the last 48 hours (ish).... It has a forced minimum time delay between reports to avoid flooding the address in the case of high volumes of traffic.

The reports are sent regarding a single IP addresses traffic to avoid confusion.

The script is a last resort when the DoS traffic continues unabated. I have not, nor am able to call their NOC.

Yours

Mat