Re: TNTs Rebooting, was RE: Weird network problems

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Thu Aug 21 21:00:43 2003

> > "...an intermittent problem that has been discovered to be affecting a
> > specific type of network card used by some of the NAS devices that
> > populate our network. The problem is exacerbated by the blaster worm and
> > has been replicated by Lucent, our vendor and others. In order to
resolve
> > the issue, we are working with Lucent to test and deploy an emergency
> > updated version of software to the affected NAS devices."

Has anyone gotten a patch from Lucent yet for the Max TNT's? I need
something, I've got a bunch of these and when a customer on the TNT has the
worm the ping packets coming from his dialup are causing the TNT to crash.

Even a way to filter within the TNT would be useful if anyone has any ideas
on that. I've already placed filters in my cisco routers for the 92 byte
pings but that doesn't stop the ones that originate with the dialup user
from crashing the TNT.

Geo.