Re: email virus ==> over the top

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Aug 21 15:12:54 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:10:12 CDT, neal rauhauser <neal@lists.rauhauser.net>  said:

>   No one loves me and I don't get much email from the folks who tolerate
> me. I just got back from having lunch with some guys who tolerate me and
> I found scads of messages from all over -the funniest among the bunch
> for our Nanog readers:
>
> <user>@cisco.com
> <user>@tacnet.com
> <user>@wcom.com
> <user>@sprint.com

>   Looks like my internetwork equipment vendor and my two favorite peers
> have their Windoze stuff in a complete state of 'higgledy piggledy' - a

No, it looks like some poor schmuck who happened to have those e-mail
addresses somewhere on the disk has their windows system in trouble.

W32/SoBig-F is known to forge the From: field.  Which explains why I've gotten
at least 103 "you sent us a virus" postings regarding my Linux laptop.. ;)

Which of course just goes to show that people can be "behind the knowledge curve"
no matter *what* operating system they happen to be using.