Re: TNTs Rebooting, was RE: Weird network problems

  • From: Jim Dawson
  • Date: Wed Aug 20 20:43:36 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Andy Walden wrote:

> Has anyone opened a ticket with Lucent about this? My initial feeling is
> some traffic pattern, possibly a side affect of the recent instability,
> could be causing it. Thanks.

Lucent is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. One of our
networks is O1 and they use massive amounts of TNTs. Excerpt from their
announcement yesterday:

"...an intermittent problem that has been discovered to be affecting a
specific type of network card used by some of the NAS devices that
populate our network. The problem is exacerbated by the blaster worm and
has been replicated by Lucent, our vendor and others. In order to resolve
the issue, we are working with Lucent to test and deploy an emergency
updated version of software to the affected NAS devices."

Jim
--

See what ISP-Planet is saying about us!
http://isp-planet.com/services/wholesalers/flexpop.html