Re: Power outage in North East

  • From: Wayne
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 18:42:34 2003

Sounds huge and probably bigger than just a single plant.  Watching the
MSNBC/CNN feeds in the NOC shows everyone filing out of NYC on foot b/c
of lack of subway and traffic-light-induced gridlock.

The primary affect we've seen so far is the drop off in customer traffic
based on CPE being offline.  No real hit to infrastructure yet.

Joel Perez wrote:

Has anyone heard of a big Power outage in the North east?

I just got a call from one of my tech’s in the GBLX bldg in Newark, NJ at 1085 raymond and they are telling him that they lost power!

But I also got a call from AT&T in NY that they also lost Power!

Joel Perez <jperez@ntera.net <mailto:jperez@ntera.net>> | IP Engineer

http://www.ntera.net/ | Ntera

305.914.3412

--