Re: The impending DDoS storm

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 12:58:05 2003

McBurnett, Jim wrote:

But doesn't that mean the hacker won?
If you change the DNS and a user can not get to windowsupdate, you just helped him create a better
DoS than he had...

I have no affiliation with Microsoft, nor do I care about their services or products. What I do care about is a worm that sends out packets uncontrolled. If there is the possibility that this "planned" DOS will cause issues with my topology, then I will do whatever it takes to stop it. The fact that user's can't reach windowsupdate.com is irrelevant.

-Jack