Re: WANTED: ISPs with DDoS defense solutions

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Tue Aug 05 15:20:32 2003

At 07:02 PM 05/08/2003 +0000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
so long as you are sure they aren't spoofed, yes.
A recent post by Rob Thomas said, "I've tracked 1787 DDoS attacks since 01 JAN 2003. Of that number, only 32 used spoofed sources. I rarely see spoofed attacks now."

Thats about 1%. Of the few attacked directed at us and originating from our customers, that generally jives. What number are you seeing ?

---Mike