RE: Microsoft.com attack?

  • From: Dennis Wong
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 17:11:51 2003

defcon?

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Maloney [mailto:adamm@sihope.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 2:05 PM
To: Jason Frisvold
Cc: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: Microsoft.com attack?

Yeah, seeing the same here - it's been flaky for us for the last 30
minutes while we've been trying it.

I wonder if it's related to this messages.zip / admin@ thing that's all
over the place today.

I was just thinking the other day, wouldn't it be funny if there was a
worm that had infected machines attack windowsupdate.microsoft.com so you
couldn't patch? :)  I haven't confirmed that this is the problem, but it
seems likely.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications