Re: maybe this should be on sec focus but.

  • From: Forrest Houston
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 14:37:28 2003

That's funny, I had atleast one person here receive a similar email which
was forwarded on to me.  I ran it through McAfee (4.5.1 engine, 4.0.4280
DAT) and it picked it right up (Trojan Name: Exploit-Code Base
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=99383).
Potentially it's a different incident than what they are talking about but
the admin@domainname and the attachment are similar (it was a zip file
containing an html file [according to the extensions]).

Forrest