North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
DNS announcement question
- From: Jim Popovitch
- Date: Sat Jun 28 12:10:48 2003
I have a question about the way DNS records are announced/handled. Thank
you in advance for any insight into this, and I hope this isn't too far off
topic for discussion here.
- I have a domain whose MX and DNS is handled by registrar ABC
and I am moving that domain to registrar XYZ.
- I have verified (via dig) the proper config on the new registrar.
- This has nothing to do with donotcall.gov ;)
1) How does one registrar 'win out' over a second registrar when
updating root servers?
2) How can I verify that the domain will be properly 'announced'
to the root servers by the new registrar?