DNS announcement question

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Sat Jun 28 12:10:48 2003

I have a question about the way DNS records are announced/handled.  Thank
you in advance for any insight into this, and I hope this isn't too far off
topic for discussion here.

Background:
-  I have a domain whose MX and DNS is handled by registrar ABC
    and I am moving that domain to registrar XYZ.

-  I have verified (via dig) the proper config on the new registrar.

-  This has nothing to do with donotcall.gov ;)

Questions:
1) How does one registrar 'win out' over a second registrar when
   updating root servers?

2) How can I verify that the domain will be properly 'announced'
   to the root servers by the new registrar?

-Jim P.