Re: Getting NS host reports

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 15:05:20 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, John R. Levine wrote:

> Sort of.  You can get a password from Verisign to the FTP server where
> you can download copies of the COM and NET zone files, and from
> publicinterestregistry.net for ORG.  Then you download and do a Big
> Grep.

And then look somewhere else for all the .biz, .info, etc. TLDs?  I've
been away from this stuff for too long.  While I like having competition
in the registry biz, it's quite a bit more confusing than the old days.

A very helpful colleague found me the NetSol "VIP" number.  Extremely
helpful people who were able to delete bogus host records and send me a
"host report" which I think is complete.

> If you ask nicely, there are doubtless NANOG members who'd do an
> occasional grep for you.

OK, if anyone wants to grep, I'm looking for anyone using ns01.bway.net
and/or ns02.bway.net.  I'd like to check that against what Netsol sent me
today.

Thanks,

Charles