Re: Don't call registry off the map?

  • From: Dominic J. Eidson
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 13:11:24 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Andy Dills wrote:

> I don't currently get soliciting calls on my cell phone. My cell phone is
> my only phone. If I sign up for the donotcall list, will that just enable
> the exempt organizations to harvest my number to call me?

My understanding is that it is completely illegal to place unsolicited
telephone marketing calls to cell phones, period.

The reason being, that by calling your cell phone, they incur a monetary
const to you, the receiver of the call - which doesn't happen when they
call your home phone number.

 - d.

--
Dominic J. Eidson