Re: Weird email messages with "re:movie" and "re:application" inthe subject line..

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Thu Jun 26 14:26:07 2003

--On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 23:37 -0400 "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> wrote:

And I've gotten bounces from mail allegedly from me.  It's not L3's
fault; this particular worm forges From: lines on its email.
fault is debatable. Because forgeries are now so common, particularly in worms, why would you send these notifications to anyone other than the recipient? Let the human decide if the right thing to do is notify the sender.