Re: Major E-mail Delivery for FTC DNCR Launch

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 21:51:57 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003, at 21:25 Canada/Eastern, Leo Bicknell wrote:

* Put in the e-mail a clear, short, easy to read over the phone
  link (http://www.yoursite.com/spam.html) that describes what
  action on the web site sends these e-mails, how to identify an
  e-mail as actually coming from the site, and where to report any
  sort of mailbombing (back to the first point).
Except possibly don't use the word "spam", or anything else that is liable to trip SpamAssassin and friends into giving your messages a high score (so references to abdominal anatomy and cable tv decoders are also probably unwise :).

I'm frequently surprised that more people don't run their (legitimate, opt-in, whatever) bulk mail through SpamAssassin before they send it in order to see how spam-like it looks. I'm forever having to pick itineraries and electronic tickets from airlines out of my spam folder.

Joe