Re: OT: question re. the Volume of unwanted email (fwd)

  • From: just me
  • Date: Thu Jun 19 17:37:49 2003

Not a lot to break; here's the script in its entirety:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

grep -c mailer=local /var/log/maillog
egrep -c 'uce@ftc|reject|njabl' /var/log/maillog

A lot of mail traffic on my box is mailing lists; perhaps thats why
the graphs look so smooth.

matto

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Andy Dills wrote:

  On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, just me wrote:

  > For my little corner:
  > http://mrtg.snark.net/spam/
  >
  > It seems >1:1 is the norm these days, at least at my scale.

  How do you get your mail delivery attempts to occur so linearly? :)

  I think something's busted with your mrtg script...

  Here's the stats for one of the smtp boxes in our cluster (83% rejection
  rate...and it's +/- 1% across the other boxes in the cluster):

  Postfix log summaries for Jun 18

  Grand Totals
  ------------
  messages

   396087   received
   148369   delivered
        0   forwarded
      672   deferred  (9504  deferrals)
     1636   bounced
      718k  rejected (83%)
        0   reject warnings
        0   held
        0   discarded (0%)

  Andy

  ---
  Andy Dills
  Xecunet, Inc.
  www.xecu.net
  301-682-9972
  ---

   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>