Re: Slow and Fast IP addresses on http ?

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Tue Jun 17 13:37:41 2003

Hi, NANOGers.

] I'm not defending the practice, I'm defending myself against the
] practitioners.

Indeed.  This can also be a problem during certain attack types,
particularly during TCP amplification attacks.  No response means
that IP stacks send yet another SYN, then another, then another.
The number depends on the IP stack in use.

Thanks,
Rob.
--
Rob Thomas