Re: Mobile code security (was Re: rr style scanning of non-customers)

  • From: Matt Hess
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 03:58:44 2003

why can't multibillion dollar companies figure that out? it does mystify
me :)
The only lame excuses I can come up with are possibly:
laziness, stupidity, ignorance, complacency, fear of non-compliance (but I think that's a stretch) and perhaps the raccoon mentality of 'it's new and shiny - I MUST have it'.

Beyond that I have no idea why groups continue to use a Microsoft Virus Run-Time Environment or even see the excuses above as legitimate justification.