Re: Rescheduled: P2P file sharing national security and personal security risks

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 03:50:17 2003

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> Hmm where do you draw the line.. peer2peer file sharing, MS
> Networking, SMTP, telephones, snail mail, visiting foreign countries,
> meeting people at all.. ?

I am a very very poor student of history (my secondary school only offered a
strange variety that I never paid attention to) but I recently have come to
associate in my mind the current US (and UK) admisitrations to the distant
TV-based views of the 1950s in the US, when accusations 'anti-americanism'
or being a communist meant the administration waived your constitutional
rights for you - just now the accusations are either 'terrorism' or
'anti-globalism' (to grasp at a poor analogy).

The problem - to try to steer this bus back onto topic - is the sheer amount
of self-policing that the powers-that-want-to-be want us to do. Or it
becomes our fault.

Peter