RE: DNS resolution to Yahoo.

  • From: Ejay Hire
  • Date: Fri Jun 13 14:23:26 2003

Yahoo uses akamai technology (bgp path analysis) to determine what content server is "closest" to a given host and bases its' dns response on that data.  You could contact Akamai and, explain your network, and see if they can make the necessary adjustments, or if you are large enough ask them to drop a couple of servers in your site.  (or they may want you to send them a BGP feed)

-Ejay