High Speed IP-Sec

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Mon Jun 09 16:07:47 2003

I'm looking for a high speed (300-1000Mbps) IPSec solution.  I need
basic functionality only, a frame in one side pops out the other
side.  For the moment I don't care if this is a layer 2 or a layer
3 device.  For the application in mind it's just between two points.

I need a supported product, not some home-grown set of bits, and
cost is the major factor.  Most units at this speed do a lot of
other stuff (firewall features, vpn clients, ids, other junk), and
cost a lot of money as a result.  Since there are FreeBSD/Linux
boxes getting close to that throughput with accelerator cards I
figure someone has to make the stripped down solution for a reasonable
price.

Any pointers welcomed.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440