Re: pool.ntp.org NTP servers

  • From: james
  • Date: Sun Jun 08 00:52:46 2003

: ISPs provide time services in a few common ways
:     1. They don't provide time service, use a "public" time server
:     2. They provide time service from/to only selected NTP servers
:     3. They provide time service from router interface to only the direct
: customer network
:     4. They provide time service to anyone

The RON box we host provides Strat 1 multi and unicast NTP service.
All our hosts sync to multicast NTP and the users are welcome to do so, too.
Enterprise customers may sync one or two hosts,
unicast, to the Strat 1 clock and set up their own chimers for their
users or just use the multicast service.
I admin two NTP Strat. 2 Linux boxes, with are open to all our users
who can't hear multicast.

James Edwards
jamesh@cybermesa.com
Routing and Security Administrator