Re: Metoo Was: Pesky spammers are using my mailbox

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Tue Jun 03 17:18:17 2003

At 10:20 PM 03/06/2003 +0200, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

On 03.06 13:44, Dominic J. Eidson wrote:

> I'm having a feeling that someone harvested a bunch of adresses, possibly
> from NANOG, and is using them as the sender address in pretend-to-be KLEZ
> spams.. I have received several bounces lately, several of them appearing
> to be KLEZ, all with me as the original sender ....

Just to add another data point:

The same thing started happening to me a few days ago.  I do not know
any of the recipients of the bounces but some people I *do* know advised me
they are getting them.  I cannot say whether this is really KLEZ or not,
not enough data.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100343.htm (W32/Sobig.c@MM) which is klez like in how it picks its targets.... Its been on a rampage since the Friday night.

---Mike

Daniel